Want more like this tofu ricotta? Try this sweet & smoky tofu recipe.
Makes: 1 1/2 cups
- 8 oz firm tofu
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp minced shallot
- 1/2 tsp plum vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/2 tsp chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
Press tofu through a potato ricer into a large bowl. Or, alternatively, mash tofu with your hands until crumbly. Add remaining ingredients and mix well, until mixture is consistency of ricotta cheese.
Nutrients per 1/4-cup serving Tofu Ricotta: Calories: 42, Total Fat: 2 g, Sat. Fat: 0.25 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 1 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g, Carbs: 1 g, Fiber: 0.5 g, Sugars: 0.25 g, Protein: 4 g, Sodium: 22 mg, Cholesterol: 0 mg