- Cook Time
- Prep Time
1½ pounds tomatillos
2 jalapenos, halved, seeds and ribs removed
1 green bell pepper, halved and seeded
1 poblano pepper, halved and seeded (optional)
6 garlic cloves, peeled
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 bunches cilantro leaves, cleaned and roughly chopped
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 pound boneless chicken, cooked and shredded
1 can (15 oz) cannellini beans
1 tablespoon Simply Organic Ground Cumin Seed
2 teaspoons Simply Organic Oregano Leaf
1 teaspoon Simply Organic Ground Coriander Seed
½ teaspoon sea salt, plus more for sprinkling peppers
6 cups low-sodium chicken stock
Pinch of Simply Organic Ground Cloves
Simply Organic Daily Grind Black Pepper, to taste
Red cabbage, finely shredded
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil.
2. Peel husks off tomatillos and cut tomatillos in half. Lay cut-side down on baking sheet.
3. Lay jalapenos, bell peppers and poblanos cut-side down on same baking sheet. Add garlic cloves.
4. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
5. Roast in oven for about 20 minutes, until tomatillo and pepper skins blister. Remove from oven and let cool.
6. Into a blender, place tomatillos (skins included), roasted garlic, jalapeno, green bell pepper, poblano and cilantro. Pulse until finely chopped and mixed.
7. In a large stock pot over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and onion. Sauté for about 5 minutes, until onion is tender.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 350
- Carbohydrate Content: 42 g
- Cholesterol Content: 40 mg
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 11 g
- Protein Content: 31 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1.5 g
- Sodium Content: 390 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g