Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil.
2. Peel husks off tomatillos and cut tomatillos in half. Lay cut-side down on baking sheet.
3. Lay jalapenos, bell peppers and poblanos cut-side down on same baking sheet. Add garlic cloves.
4. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
5. Roast in oven for about 20 minutes, until tomatillo and pepper skins blister. Remove from oven and let cool.
6. Into a blender, place tomatillos (skins included), roasted garlic, jalapeno, green bell pepper, poblano and cilantro. Pulse until finely chopped and mixed.
7. In a large stock pot over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and onion. Sauté for about 5 minutes, until onion is tender.
- Serving Size 1 cup
- Calories 350
- Carbohydrate Content 42 g
- Cholesterol Content 40 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 11 g
- Protein Content 31 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1.5 g
- Sodium Content 390 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g