Pair this soup with a grilled cheese sandwich for an easy weeknight meal.
- Prep Time
- 1 28-oz BPA-free can whole peeled tomatoes, with juices
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 large shallot, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp unsalted tomato paste
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1 small clove garlic, roughly chopped
- ¼ tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper + additional to taste
- 3 tbsp + 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cups packed baby arugula
- 1/3 cup crumbled ricotta salata or grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
1. In a blender, purée tomatoes, broth, shallot, tomato paste, thyme, oregano, garlic and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper. With blender running, add 3 tbsp oil in a steady stream.
2. Transfer soup to a medium saucepan, cover and heat on medium, whisking occasionally, until warmed, about 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a bowl, toss arugula, ricotta salata, basil and remaining 1 tsp oil; season with additional salt and pepper. Divide soup among bowls; top with arugula mixture.
Looking for more Blender Soups?
- Serving Size: 2 1/4 cups
- Calories: 413
- Carbohydrate Content: 28 g
- Cholesterol Content: 27 mg
- Fat Content: 32.5 g
- Fiber Content: 10 g
- Protein Content: 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7 g
- Sodium Content: 781 mg
- Sugar Content: 15 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 20 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 3 g