Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Serve with our Savory Slaw.
Image and recipe from Cuisine at Home
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare dip: In a food processor, purée all dip ingredients. Transfer to a bowl. Set aside.
- Clean out food processor; add tortilla chips and and pulse until coarsely ground. Transfer to a shallow dish. In a second shallow dish, mix salsa and egg. In a third shallow dish, place flour. Season chicken with salt and pepper and dredge in flour; then dip in salsa mixture and roll through tortilla chip crumbs, patting gently to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil. Add chicken and cook, flipping once until golden, 3 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to prepared baking sheet and bake until cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Serve with avocado dip and tomato wedges (if using).
- Serving Size 1 piece chicken with dip
- Calories 465
- Carbohydrate Content 32 g
- Cholesterol Content 114 mg
- Fat Content 25 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 30 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 454 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g