- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 24 biscottiServings
- 1 cup almond flour, plus additional for dusting
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour, plus additional for dusting
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 egg whites
- 1/3 cup prepared green tea (brewed for 5 minutes), cooled to room temperature
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pure almond extract
- 1/4 cup finely chopped raw unsalted almonds
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pitted dates (TIP: Opt for natural date varieties, such as Medjool and deglet noor, which contain no added sugar or preservatives)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir flours and baking powder until well combined. With a pastry cutter, cut in oil until mixture resembles the texture of coarse oatmeal. Stir in egg whites, tea and vanilla and almond extracts. With a rubber spatula, fold in almonds and dates.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured work surface and shape into 2 9 x 2-inch logs. Place logs 4 inches apart on baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes, or until lightly browned. Let cool at room temperature for 10 minutes. Leave oven heat at 350°F.
- With a serrated knife, slice logs diagonally into 1/2-inch slices. Remove parchment paper from baking sheet and place slices on sheet, flat side-down, in a single layer. Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from oven and turn slices. Return to oven and bake for 8 to 10 more minutes, until dry and crisp. Let cool completely.
- Serving Size: 1 biscotti
- Calories: 84
- Carbohydrate Content: 7 g
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 1.5 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 8 mg
- Sugar Content: 1.5 g