Have you ever ordered an antipasto plate at your local Italian restaurant? Picture every delicious item from that platter – artichokes, roasted peppers and pepperoncini – all tossed together in a salad with a gorgeous oregano-cheese dressing. We promise, you’ve never had anything like this salad!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion or shallots
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar (TRY: Eden Red Wine Vinegar)
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, sliced thinly (about 8 cups)
- 12 oz jarred artichoke hearts, (water packed), drained and patted dry*
- 12 oz jarred roasted red peppers (water packed), drained and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas or 1 15-oz BPA-free can unsalted chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 5 pepperoncini, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 5 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp grated Pecorino-Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp each dried oregano and sea salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, soak onions in vinegar for 15 minutes. Drain onions and reserve vinegar for dressing.
- Meanwhile, to a large serving platter, add romaine. Top with layers of artichokes, drained red onion, red peppers, chickpeas, mushrooms and pepperoncini.
- Prepare dressing: In a medium bowl or screw-top jar, whisk together reserved vinegar and all dressing ingredients. Drizzle enough dressing on salad to lightly coat.
- Serving Size: 1/6 salad
- Calories: 237
- Carbohydrate Content: 20 g
- Cholesterol Content: 4 mg
- Fat Content: 14 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2.5 g
- Sodium Content: 476 mg
- Sugar Content: 3.5 g