Find more quinoa recipes here.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 oz beets, halved
- 10 oz white button mushrooms, trimmed and quartered
- 5 tsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3/8 tsp (1/4 + 1/8) tsp sea salt, divided
- 1 cup tricolor quinoa, rinsed
- 1 tsp lemon zest + 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Pinch ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 375˚F. Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil. Add beets and cook until fork-tender, about 30 minutes. Drain and let cool slightly. Trim, peel and cut into 1/3-inch chunks. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange mushrooms on baking sheet, spreading evenly. Drizzle mushrooms with 2 tsp oil and sprinkle with ¼ tsp salt. Roast until tender and slightly browned, about 18 minutes. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, bring quinoa and 2 cups water to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Prepare dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together lemon zest and juice, vinegar, remaining 3 tsp oil, pepper and remaining 1/8 tsp salt.
- In a large bowl, toss together quinoa, mushrooms, dill and ¼ cup dressing. In a bowl, toss beets with remaining dressing. To serve, top quinoa mixture with beets and cheese.
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 293
- Carbohydrate Content: 35 g
- Cholesterol Content: 17 mg
- Fat Content: 13 g
- Protein Content: 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 387 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 2 g