Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and mist a 12-count donut pan (3 inches each) with cooking spray.
2. Prepare donuts: In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, almond flour, flaxseeds, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together almond milk, maple syrup and grape seed oil. Whisk wet ingredients into dry ingredients until combined and there is no more flour visible. Fold in chocolate chunks.
3. Evenly distribute batter into donut pan. Bake for 18 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
4. Meanwhile, prepare frosting: In a food processor, add all frosting ingredients and process until smooth, about 4 minutes, stopping to scrape down sides of processor with a spatula as needed.
5. Remove donuts from pan, flip over and spread 2 heaping tbsp frosting over each donut and sprinkle each with 1 tsp cacao nibs.
- Serving Size 1 donut
- Calories 146
- Carbohydrate Content 52 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 26 g
- Fiber Content 12 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 11 g
- Sodium Content 280 mg
- Sugar Content 24 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 7 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 7 g