Health Benefit: Coconut has antibacterial, antifungal and antiparasitic properties. It’s also rich in fiber to support digestive health.
4 large eggs
1 cup unsweetened coconut milk beverage (from a carton, not a can)
¾ cup almond flour
½ cup coconut flour
½ cup tapioca flour
⅓ cup melted coconut oil
¼ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
2 tbsp organic evaporated cane juice
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
½ tsp sea salt
1. To a blender, add all ingredients and blend until smooth and thoroughly mixed, scraping down sides if necessary with a rubber spatula.
2. Heat a nonstick griddle over medium-high and spray with cooking spray. Working in batches, pour a scant ¼ cup batter per pancake, making 3-inch circles; cook until small bubbles appear and burst on the surface and underside is golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip and cook until golden brown, 1½ to 2 minutes more.
3. Serve warm with optional toppings such as sliced bananas, shaved dark chocolate and a drizzle of maple syrup, if desired.
NOTE: These pancakes are delicate, so take extra care if freezing. Use an airtight container with parchment paper between the layers. Reheat on a parchment-lined sheet in the oven at 300°F until warmed through, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Serving Size: 3 pancakes
- Calories: 550
- Carbohydrate Content: 37 g
- Cholesterol Content: 186 mg
- Fat Content: 40 g
- Fiber Content: 9 g
- Protein Content: 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 23 g
- Sodium Content: 759 mg
- Sugar Content: 10 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 10 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 4 g