Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- In a large saucepan on medium, heat 1 tbsp oil. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and pepper flakes (if using). Stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add broth, 1 cup water and tomatoes. Cover, then increase heat to medium-high and bring to a simmer.
- Add kale and simmer, covered, 3 minutes. Add chard and continue simmering, covered, until greens are tender, 3 minutes more. Add spinach and beans; cover and simmer until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet on medium, heat 2 tsp oil. Add pepitas, turmeric and ginger. Toss well to combine and cook until spices are fragrant and pepitas are toasted, stirring occasionally, 4 to 6 minutes. Divide soup among 4 bowls and top with pepitas and basil. Drizzle 1 tsp of remaining oil over each bowl.
- Serving Size 2 cups soup and 1 tbsp pepitas
- Calories 282
- Carbohydrate Content 28 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 15 g
- Fiber Content 10 g
- Protein Content 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 244 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g