- Prep Time
- 1/2 cup raw unsalted walnuts
- 1/2 cup raw unsalted almonds
- 3 oz unsweetened dried mango slices
- 6 large Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup dried goji berries
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
1. To a food processor, add walnuts and almonds. Process to the size of small gravel.
2. Using kitchen scissors or a sharp knife, cut mango into ¼-inch squares, yielding about 1 cup. To food processor with nuts, add mango, dates, goji berries, vanilla and ginger. Process until clumps form and mixture begins to stick together. Add coconut and chia; process briefly to incorporate, leaving some larger coconut pieces for texture. Transfer to a bowl.
3. Working with 1 tbsp of mixture, form into a ball, compacting firmly to ensure ball keeps its shape. Repeat with remaining mixture, making about 20 balls total.
TIP: Tropical energy bites will keep for 2 weeks unrefrigerated and covered, or they can be kept in the freezer for long-term storage.
- Serving Size: 2 bites
- Calories: 180
- Carbohydrate Content: 21 g
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 12 mg
- Sugar Content: 14 g
- Trans Fat Content: -2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 4 g