Eat The Rainbow
One major takeaway of a health-reset diet? Eat the colors of the rainbow, such as in this salsa – with bright yellow from the mango, green herbs and orange bell pepper – each color containing a different spectrum of anti-inflammatory phytochemicals and antioxidants.
- Prep Time
Chicken & Asparagus
- 1 bunch asparagus1 tbsp avocado oil, divided
- 1/4 tsp sea salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper, divided
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 4 5-oz boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and chopped 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 orange or yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tbsp diced shallots
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/8 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 jalapeño chile pepper, diced, optional
1. Preheat grill to medium-high (or use an indoor grill pan).
2. Prepare chicken and asparagus: In a medium bowl, toss asparagus with one-half of each oil, salt and pepper; set aside on a plate. In same bowl, whisk together lime juice, cumin and remaining one-half each oil, salt and pepper. Add chicken to bowl and toss to coat.
3. Place chicken and asparagus on grill. Cook chicken 5 to 6 minutes per side or until cooked through. Cook asparagus until tender, 6 to 7 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, make salsa: In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients.
5. Transfer chicken and asparagus to a platter and top with salsa.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 420
- Carbohydrate Content: 25 g
- Cholesterol Content: 154 mg
- Fat Content: 23 g
- Fiber Content: 7.5 g
- Protein Content: 33 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 320 mg
- Sugar Content: 13 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 13 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 4 g