Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Eat The Rainbow
One major takeaway of a health-reset diet? Eat the colors of the rainbow, such as in this salsa – with bright yellow from the mango, green herbs and orange bell pepper – each color containing a different spectrum of anti-inflammatory phytochemicals and antioxidants.
1. Preheat grill to medium-high (or use an indoor grill pan).
2. Prepare chicken and asparagus: In a medium bowl, toss asparagus with one-half of each oil, salt and pepper; set aside on a plate. In same bowl, whisk together lime juice, cumin and remaining one-half each oil, salt and pepper. Add chicken to bowl and toss to coat.
3. Place chicken and asparagus on grill. Cook chicken 5 to 6 minutes per side or until cooked through. Cook asparagus until tender, 6 to 7 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, make salsa: In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients.
5. Transfer chicken and asparagus to a platter and top with salsa.
- Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
- Calories 420
- Carbohydrate Content 25 g
- Cholesterol Content 154 mg
- Fat Content 23 g
- Fiber Content 7.5 g
- Protein Content 33 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 320 mg
- Sugar Content 13 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 13 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 4 g