Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mist an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper. (NOTE: Use a length of paper long enough to partly cover the sides of the pan for easier removal. Do not skip this step; it will be tricky to get the bars out of the pan without it.)
- In a medium bowl, combine coconut flour, rice flour, 1/4 cup maple flakes and 1/4 tsp salt, stirring to remove any lumps. Using a pastry cutter (or 2 butter knives), blend in oil until mixture resembles a coarse crumb. Press evenly into prepared pan. Bake until crust is golden, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine eggs, remaining 1 cup maple flakes, lime zest and juice, shredded coconut and remaining 1/4 tsp salt. Whisk until well combined, about 30 seconds.
- Pour egg mixture over baked crust and return to oven to bake until set, about 10 to 12 minutes. Remove to a wire rack and cool completely. Run a thin knife around edges to loosen. Lift bars out of pan using parchment paper and transfer to a cutting board. Cut into 16 squares.
- Serving Size 1 square
- Calories 119
- Carbohydrate Content 14 g
- Cholesterol Content 47 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4.5 g
- Sodium Content 56 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g