- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/2 lb fresh peeled and deveined shrimp, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1/2 lb fresh bay scallops, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 3/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 6 limes)
- Pinch sea salt or kosher salt, plus additional to taste
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 red chile pepper, seeded and minced (such as red jalapeño, Thai chile or Fresno)
- 1 cup loosely packed chopped fresh cilantro
- Transfer serving dishes to freezer to chill.
- In a large stainless steel, glass or ceramic bowl, add shrimp, scallops, lime juice and pinch salt; toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes, until shrimp and scallops are opaque and springy to the touch.
- Drain and discard lime juice from mixture. Return mixture to bowl and add mango, avocado, chile pepper and cilantro. Season with additional salt and toss gently to combine. Divide among chilled bowls and serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 106
- Carbohydrate Content: 10 g
- Cholesterol Content: 43 mg
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 305 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g