Hands-on time: 5 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
- 1 cup baby lima beans, fresh or frozen (thawed, if frozen), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 lb fresh green beans, cleaned and washed
- 2 cups fresh corn (from 2 medium cobs)
- 3 medium tomatoes, cored and diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped (1/4 cup whole dill leaves)
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 4-oz trout fillets, skin and bones removed
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Bring 4 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepot. Add lima beans, cook for 3 minutes, then add green beans and cook for 7 to 8 more minutes. Add corn and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes.
- Drain and rinse bean-corn mixture under cool water. Then toss with tomatoes in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together oil, dill, lemon juice and zest, salt and pepper. Pour over vegetables and gently mix.
- Set oven to broil on high. Place trout on baking sheet misted with cooking spray, then spray trout with cooking spray and broil for 5 to 10 minutes, until fish turns white and flakes with a fork. Serve trout with bean-corn mixture immediately.
Nutrients per serving (4 oz trout and 2 cups succotash): Calories: 375, Total Fat: 6 g, Sat. Fat: 2 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 4 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2 g, Omega-3s: 1,180 mg, Omega-6s: 1,140 mg, Carbs: 32 g, Fiber: 9 g, Sugars: 4 g, Protein: 32 g, Sodium: 301 mg, Cholesterol: 67 mg