Find more 20-minute meals here!
- Prep Time
- 1 1/4 cups whole-wheat couscous
- 1/4 cup slivered raw unsalted almonds
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 4-oz trout fillets (about 1 lb total)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper, divided
- 2 oranges, zested, segmented, cut into ½-inch pieces and juices reserved
- Prepare couscous according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat a large sauté pan on medium-high. Add almonds and panko and toast, shaking pan occasionally to mix, until golden, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in parsley; set aside.
- Arrange 1 oven rack in highest position and preheat broiler to high. Brush a large broiler pan with oil. Add trout in a single layer and sprinkle with 1/4 tsp salt and 1⁄8 tsp pepper. Transfer to top rack and broil until cooked through and edges are just browned, about 5 To couscous, add orange zest, segments and reserved juices and remaining ¼ tsp salt and 1⁄8 tsp pepper. Stir to combine and divide among serving plates. Top with trout and almond-panko mixture, dividing evenly.
- Serving Size: 1 trout fillet, 1 cup couscous, 2 tbsp almond-panko topping
- Calories: 374
- Carbohydrate Content: 43 g
- Cholesterol Content: 67 mg
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 8 g
- Protein Content: 32 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 288 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 2 g