Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Health Benefit: Studies show that a group of antioxidant plant pigments in red cabbage, called anthocyanins, may help protect against heart disease and cancer.
Wasabi Dressing recipe by Dina Cheney
1. In a small skillet, toast cashews for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring almost constantly. Add tamari and stir. Remove from heat and let cool.
2. In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise and sambal oelek. Add tuna and rice to bowl. Stir to combine.
3. Place a sheet of parchment on a flat surface. Lay 2 sheets of nori on the parchment, overlapping them to make a 10-inch piece of nori.
4. Moisten hands with water and spread about one-quarter of rice-tuna mixture over nori in a thin, even layer; leave a 2-inch border around the edges of the nori. Arrange one-quarter of cabbage, spinach, cilantro, onions and cashews.
5. To roll, fold the bottom edge up over the filling and fold the 2 sides in then roll up like a burrito. Dampen your fingers with water and run over the final edge to seal. Wrap in parchment and repeat with remaining ingredients.
6. Prepare Wasabi Dressing: In a small bowl or jar with a tight-fitting lid, whisk or shake together all dressing ingredients and 2 tbsp water.
7. Serve burrito whole, or cut in half on the diagonal through the parchment, with Wasabi Dressing and additional sambal oelek and tamari on the side, if desired.
- Serving Size 1 burrito
- Calories 597
- Carbohydrate Content 59 g
- Cholesterol Content 29 mg
- Fat Content 29 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 25 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 787 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 14 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 9.5 g