Turkey Black Bean Soft Tacos
Ground turkey paired with black beans makes these tacos lean and filling. Corn tortillas are a whole-grain food, making them a tasty and wholesome alternative to white-flour tortillas.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Nutritional Bonus: Beans are nutrient dense, counting as both a protein and a vegetable serving. In these tacos, they also contribute B-vitamins and bump up the fiber count to 7 grams per serving – 29% of your daily requirement!
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 1/4 lb extra-lean ground turkey
- 1 15-oz can low-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup, plus 2 tbsp chunky low-sodium salsa
- 2 cups (packed) romaine lettuce, chopped
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Ground black pepper and sea salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Loosely wrap tortillas in foil, making 2 packets of 6 tortillas each. Place packets on a baking sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until hot.
- Coat a skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium-high. Add turkey and cook until lightly browned and cooked through, about 6 to 8 minutes, breaking up meat as you go. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Unwrap foil packets and place 2 tortillas on each of 6 plates. For each plate, distribute 1/2 cup turkey, 1/4 cup beans, 3 tbsp salsa and 1/3 cup lettuce evenly between both tortillas. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size 2 tortillas, 1/2 cup turkey, 1/4 cup beans, 3 tbsp salsa, 1/3 cup lettuce
- Calories 276
- Carbohydrate Content 37 g
- Cholesterol Content 46 mg
- Fat Content 2.5 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 28 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 343 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0.5 g