Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Preheat oven to 475°F. Drain farro and transfer to a medium saucepan with 11⁄2 cups water. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 10 minutes, until tender. Drain excess water.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, bring 1 inch water to a gentle simmer. Add zucchini and cook until slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Remove zucchini from skillet and with a small spoon, scrape out and reserve flesh. Place zucchini skin side down in an 8 x 10-inch baking dish.
- Drain water from skillet and wipe dry, then heat on medium-high. Add turkey and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, for 2 minutes. Add onion, oregano and reserved zucchini flesh and reduce heat to medium. Sauté, stirring often, until turkey is almost cooked through, about 5 minutes. Stir in farro, tomatoes and vinegar and sauté for 2 to 3 more minutes; stir in 3 tbsp basil. Spoon mixture into zucchini halves. Top with pepitas and cheese and bake for 5 to 10 minutes, until cheese melts. Garnish with additional basil.
- TIP: Didn’t soak your farro overnight? Simply cook as directed, but simmer for 20 more minutes.
- Serving Size 2 zucchini boats
- Calories 323
- Carbohydrate Content 29 g
- Cholesterol Content 71 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 26 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 146 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 4 g