Turkey Lettuce Cups
Fresh, flavorful, and fast, these crunchy turkey lettuce cups are loaded with vegetables in a savory sauce.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
This recipe is a part of the Your 2-Week Whole30 Kick-Start Meal Plan
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 12 oz ground turkey
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped cremini mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp peeled and minced ginger
- butter or romaine lettuce leaves, for serving
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- ½ tsp toasted sesame oil
1. In a large skillet on medium, heat oil. Add turkey and cook for 10 minutes, until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Add onion and cook 3 to 4 minutes, until softened. Add bell pepper and mushrooms; cook 5 minutes more. Add garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
2. Whisk together sauce ingredients. Return turkey to pan, add sauce and cook until turkey is heated through. Serve in lettuce leaves. (Makes 3 servings.)