Turkey Paninis with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Sassier than a sandwich, paninis make for a delicious, clean quick-fix meal. If you don't have a countertop grill, put paninis in a hot skillet and use another heavy skillet to press them down as they toast.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Nutritional Bonus: One turkey panini provides over 100% of the recommended daily dose of vitamin K, a micronutrient essential for blood clotting.
- 1 whole-wheat baguette, cut crosswise in fourths
- 12 sun-dried tomatoes (packed in olive oil), patted dry and halved
- 2 oz part-skim mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 6 1-oz slices reduced-sodium fresh deli turkey
- 1 1/2 cups arugula leaves
- Split open baguette sections and layer each bottom half with 6 pieces tomato, 1/2 oz cheese, 1 1/2 slices turkey and top half of bread. Toast sandwich on a countertop grill or panini press on medium heat, lid down, until lightly browned, about 6 minutes. If using stovetop method, toast about 3 minutes per side, or until lightly browned.
- As soon as paninis are done toasting, open each and add 1/3 cup arugula. Slice each panini on the diagonal and serve immediately.
- Serving Size 1 panini
- Calories 260
- Carbohydrate Content 34 g
- Cholesterol Content 25 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 830 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g