Making your own sauce from simple pantry ingredients, such as jarred peppers, canned tomatoes and dried herbs, is a great money-saving trick. Customize it to your taste by playing around with different herbs and spices.
- In a food processor, purée bell peppers, tomatoes, garlic powder and 1/4 tsp each thyme and rosemary until smooth. Set aside.
- Mist a large skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium-high. Add turkey, black pepper, salt and remaining ¼ tsp each thyme and rosemary and cook, breaking up turkey with a spoon, until no longer pink, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot, cook pasta al dente according to package directions. Drain and return to pot.
- Stir bell pepper mixture and peas into pasta and cook on medium-low, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 2 minutes. Stir in turkey mixture and arugula. Divide among plates. Top with ricotta and lemon zest, dividing evenly. Sprinkle with additional black pepper.
- Serving Size 2 cups
- Calories 517
- Carbohydrate Content 58 g
- Cholesterol Content 108 mg
- Fat Content 16.5 g
- Fiber Content 10 g
- Protein Content 37 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6.5 g
- Sodium Content 469 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3.5 g