Find more holiday recipes.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In a large ovenproof skillet on medium, heat oil. Add carrots, celery and onion and cook, stirring often, until onion is softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and rosemary and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Reduce heat to medium-low, sprinkle 2 tbsp flour over vegetables and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Stir in broth, turkey, peas, milk, ¼ tsp salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer gently until thickened and bubbly, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk remaining 1½ cups flour, baking powder and remaining ½ tsp salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until it is the size of small peas. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, buttermilk and parsley. Add to flour mixture and stir just until no white streaks remain; do not over-stir. Drop by 1/3 cup rounds onto turkey mixture. Transfer to oven and bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center of biscuits comes out clean, about 15 minutes.
- Serving Size 1 biscuit and scant 1 cup stew
- Calories 395
- Carbohydrate Content 31 g
- Cholesterol Content 135 mg
- Fat Content 18 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 25 g
- Saturated Fat Content 11 g
- Sodium Content 494 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g