Find more holiday recipes.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1½ tbsp organic unsalted butter
- 2½ cups sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 leek, thinly sliced (white and light green parts only)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup dry sherry, vermouth or white wine
- 2 tbsp white whole-wheat flour
- 1½ cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup whipping cream (35%)
- 2 cups chopped or shredded cooked turkey breast
- 1/2 tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper
- 8 oz whole-wheat rotini pasta
- 2½ cups small broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp lemon zest + 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- In a large skillet on medium-high, melt butter. Add mushrooms and leek and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and thyme and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add sherry and cook, scraping up browned bits from bottom of skillet, until liquid is almost evaporated, about 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Sprinkle in flour, stirring, for 1 minute. Whisk in broth and cream. Add turkey, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until thickened and bubbly, 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot, cook pasta al dente according to package directions, adding broccoli during last 4 minutes of cooking. Drain and stir into turkey mixture. Stir in cheese, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Serving Size: 1 1/3 cups
- Calories: 378
- Carbohydrate Content: 37 g
- Cholesterol Content: 74 mg
- Fat Content: 15 g
- Protein Content: 27 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8 g
- Sodium Content: 366 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 2 g