Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, zucchini, 2 tbsp cilantro, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 2 cloves garlic, green onions, 1 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/4 tsp pepper and 1/4 tsp salt. Form into 8 1/2-inch thick patties, then transfer to a large, parchment-lined baking sheet. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Prepare tahini sauce: In a small bowl, combine yogurt, tahini, 1 tbsp lemon juice, remaining 1/2 tsp cumin and 1 clove garlic until smooth, adding up to 3 tbsp water to reach desired consistency. Cover and refrigerate.
- Prepare salsa: In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, mint, remaining 2 tbsp cilantro, 1/4 tsp pepper and and 1 tbsp lemon juice. Season with additional salt. Cover and refrigerate.
- Heat an outdoor grill to medium-high and lightly oil grate with cooking oil. (NOTE: A nonstick grill pan will work here too.) Mist patties with cooking spray and grill on both sides for 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until golden brown, no pink remains inside and an instant-read thermometer registers 165F when inserted in center.
- Divide tahini sauce between pitas. Place 2 patties into each pocket and divide salsa evenly among burgers. Top with feta (if using)
- Serving Size 1 pita with 2 patties and toppings
- Calories 330
- Carbohydrate Content 32 g
- Cholesterol Content 45 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 36 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 503 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g