Find more quick and easy meals here!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 small red or golden beet, trimmed, peeled and grated
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (not nonfat), divided
- 1½ tsp minced garlic, divided
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper, divided
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1/2 small yellow onion, grated (1/3 cup grated)
- 1/2 small zucchini, trimmed and grated (1/2 cup grated)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 8 whole-grain slider buns, toasted
- Prepare tzatziki: In a medium bowl, mix beet, ¾ cup yogurt, ½ tsp garlic, dill and ¼ tsp pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix turkey, onion, zucchini, remaining ¼ cup yogurt, 1 tsp garlic and ¼ tsp pepper and oregano and salt. Form into 8 1/3-cup patties; with your thumb, make a small depression in the center of each patty.
- Mist a nonstick skillet or grill pan with cooking spray and heat on medium. Add patties and cook for 5 minutes. (TIP: If necessary, work in batches to prevent overcrowding.) Flip patties and cook until no longer pink in center or an instant-read thermometer registers 165°F when inserted in center, about 4 more minutes.
- Serving Size: 2 sliders and 2 tbsp tzatzik
- Calories: 377
- Carbohydrate Content: 38 g
- Cholesterol Content: 55 mg
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 41 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 523 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g