Find more turkey recipes here!
While the brilliant pink hue of our beet tzatziki might seem surprising, the method of swapping out cucumber for beets is quite traditional in certain regions of the Mediterranean. If the pink is too much, though, opt for golden beets.
- Prepare tzatziki: In a medium bowl, mix beet, ¾ cup yogurt, ½ tsp garlic, dill and ¼ tsp pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix turkey, onion, zucchini, remaining ¼ cup yogurt, 1 tsp garlic and ¼ tsp pepper and oregano and salt. Form into 8 1/3-cup patties; with your thumb, make a small depression in the center of each patty.
- Mist a nonstick skillet or grill pan with cooking spray and heat on medium. Add patties and cook for 5 minutes. (Tip: If necessary, work in batches to prevent overcrowding.) Flip patties and cook until no longer pink in center or an instant-read thermometer registers 165°F when inserted in center, about 4 more minutes.
- Serving Size 2 sliders and 2 tbsp tzatzik
- Calories 377
- Carbohydrate Content 38 g
- Cholesterol Content 55 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 41 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 523 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g