- Prepare tahini sauce: In a small bowl, stir yogurt, lemon juice and tahini until well combined. (TIP: If tahini is hard or lumpy, microwave for 20 to 30 seconds, or until smooth.) Refrigerate until needed.
- Arrange an oven rack 5 to 6 inches from top heat source and preheat broiler to high. Line a baking sheet with foil and arrange an ovenproof wire rack over top. Mist rack with cooking spray. In a large bowl, add turkey, sirloin, garlic, onion, cumin, coriander, ¼ tsp each black pepper and salt, cinnamon and cayenne. Stir gently until thoroughly combined.
- Divide turkey-beef mixture into 4 equal portions. Shape each portion into a narrow, oblong 2- to 3-inch-long patty. Mold 2 patties around 1 skewer, leaving about 1 inch between each patty. Repeat with remaining 2 patties and 1 skewer. Transfer to rack and broil until tops are lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Turn and broil until lightly browned and cooked through, 3 to 4 more minutes. (NOTE: If you don’t have an ovenproof wire rack, simply bake your kebabs directly on a baking sheet.)
- Meanwhile, prepare couscous: In a small saucepan, bring 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp water to a boil. Stir in seasoning blend, remaining 1/4 tsp black pepper, 1/8 tsp salt and couscous. Cover and remove from heat. Let sit, covered, for 5 to 7 minutes. Fluff with a fork and stir in 1/4 cup cilantro.
- Divide couscous among serving plates and top each serving with 1 skewer. Serve with tahini sauce and tomato wedges, dividing evenly. Garnish with additional cilantro.
- Serving Size 1 skewer, 1/2 of couscous, 2 tbsp sauce, 4 tomato wedges
- Calories 396
- Carbohydrate Content 46 g
- Cholesterol Content 67 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 35 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 448 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g