Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
A surprising ally for your eyes: Corn isn’t a food that typically comes to mind when you think of eye health, but it actually contains two key carotenoids that do just that: Lutein and zeaxanthin both fight against eye damage from blue light or exposure to sun. The compounds may have a protective effect against eye diseases such as age-related macular degeneration. We recommend opting for organic corn whenever possible.
1. In a blender, purée corn, broth, coconut milk, shallot, coriander, turmeric, salt, pepper and curry powder.
2. Transfer soup to a medium saucepan and heat on medium, whisking occasionally, until warmed, about 10 minutes.
3. Whisk the harissa and oil together in a small bowl. Divide soup among bowls, drizzle with harissa mixture and top with mint.
Looking for more Blender Soups?
- Serving Size 3 cups
- Calories 378
- Carbohydrate Content 57 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 17 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 11 g
- Sodium Content 747 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 3 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g