Turmeric Ginger Latte
Both ginger and turmeric have incredible anti-inflammatory properties, making this soothing and delicious latte really good for you.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Studies show that turmeric can help relieve symptoms of osteoarthritis and digestive disorders such as irritable bowel syndrome. Plus, it’s packed with manganese, a mineral that helps with wound healing and blood sugar control.
We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneatingmag.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger (TRY: Simply Organic Ground Ginger)
- 1/2 tsp ground lemongrass, optional
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric (TRY: Simply Organic Ground Turmeric)
- Pinch saffron
- 3/4 cup plain unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp raw honey (TRY: Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Raw Honey)
1. To a Mason jar, add 3 tbsp boiling water, ginger, lemongrass (if using), turmeric and saffron. Shake well.
2. In a small pot on medium, bring milk and honey to a boil.
3. Pour hot milk into jar, seal and shake well to create frothy foam. Slowly remove lid and pour into a mug to serve.
NOTE: If using a handheld frother, froth mixture in Mason jar until foamy. Pour into a mug to serve.
- Serving Size 1
- Calories 100
- Carbohydrate Content 20 g
- Fat Content 2 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 137 mg
- Sugar Content 17 g