Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
1. In a small saucepan on medium, bring broth to simmer. Add saffron and remove from heat. Set aside.
2. In a large saucepan on medium-high, heat oil. Add sausage and cook, stirring occasionally, until well browned on all sides, 5 to 7 minutes. Add shallots, garlic, thyme, pepper and salt and cook, stirring frequently, until shallots are softened and garlic is fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, beans and reserved broth and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Add kale and spinach and cook, stirring occasionally, until greens are wilted, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
- Calories 307
- Carbohydrate Content 28.5 g
- Cholesterol Content 75 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 26 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 904 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 2 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g