- Heat a waffle iron to medium. Preheat oven to 250°F. Place an oven-safe rack over a large baking sheet.
- To a large bowl, add all ingredients except cheese; mix until combined. Fold in cheese.
- Mist waffle iron with cooking spray. Spread a generous ½ cup of potato mixture onto waffle plate (or according to capacity of your waffle maker). Cook until browned and crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. (TIP: Reduce heat if waffles brown too quickly.)
- Transfer to prepared rack; place in the oven to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter, making about 8 waffles total.
Note: Serve these waffles plain or use them as a base for your favorite topping combination. Try smoked salmon, capers, red onion and a dollop of sour cream; poached eggs, sautéed mushrooms and steamed broccolini; or, for a fruity option, omit the onion in the batter and top with yogurt and berries.
- Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
- Calories 204
- Carbohydrate Content 21 g
- Cholesterol Content 69 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 416 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 1 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g