Unbundled Spring Rolls with Raspberry Ginger Sauce
This hearty bowl is a staff favorite – we just love the pairing of the sweet and tangy raspberry sauce over savory chicken and crunchy vegetables.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 5-oz glass noodles (such as mung bean noodles) or brown rice vermicelli
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 lb total)
- 2/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1-2 large avocados, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 2 cups grated or shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
Raspberry ginger sauce
- 2 cups raspberries (or use frozen, defrosted)
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup unpasteurized organic white miso
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tsp peeled and finely grated ginger
- 1-2 tsp sriracha, optional
1. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
2. Heat a grill to medium-high. Season chicken with salt, paprika and pepper. Grill chicken until cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes per side. Set aside until cool enough to handle, then cut into 1-inch slices.
3. Meanwhile, prepare Raspberry Ginger Sauce: In a blender, purée all ingredients plus 1 tbsp water to desired consistency.
4. Divide noodles, chicken, cucumbers, avocado, cabbage, carrots and cilantro among bowls. Drizzle with sauce.
- Serving Size 1/6 recipe
- Calories 428
- Carbohydrate Content 44 g
- Cholesterol Content 42 mg
- Fat Content 20 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 19 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 600 mg
- Sugar Content 12 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 14 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g