Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
1. Up to 3 days in advance, prepare pecans: Preheat oven to 350°F. In a small saucepan on medium, heat maple syrup, butter, rosemary, salt, pepper and cayenne, stirring, until butter melts. Place pecans on a parchment-lined baking sheet and drizzle with butter mixture; toss to combine. Bake, stirring once, until pecans are toasted and sugar has caramelized, about 10 minutes. Cool completely, chop and store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
2. 1 day in advance, bake sweet potato wedges: Preheat oven to 425°F. Arrange sweet potatoes skin side down on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake until tender, 35 minutes. Cool completely and store in an airtight container in a single layer
in the refrigerator.
3. 2 hours before serving, remove sweet potatoes from refrigerator and arrange, skin side down, on a parchment-lined baking sheet; set aside. About 45 minutes before serving, preheat oven to 425°F.
4. 10 minutes before serving, glaze and reheat potatoes. In a small bowl, combine maple syrup, butter and rosemary. Split vanilla bean lengthwise, scrape out seeds and add to maple syrup mixture. Brush sweet potatoes with maple mixture. Bake until heated through and glaze is bubbly, about 10 minutes. Transfer sweet potatoes to a serving dish and sprinkle with pecans.
- Serving Size 2 to 3 wedges and 1 1/2 tbsp nuts
- Calories 257
- Carbohydrate Content 36 g
- Cholesterol Content 6 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2.5 g
- Sodium Content 250 mg
- Sugar Content 13 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 7 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2.5 g