- Prep Time
- 1 cup shrubServings
- 1 cup diced pear (peel on)
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 tsp scrubbed and grated ginger (peel on)
- 1/2 tsp ground vanilla powder (or 1/2 tsp seeds scraped from whole beans)
- 1/2 cup raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 8-oz glass jar or bottle with lid
1. To a glass bowl, add pear, filtered water, honey, ginger and vanilla; stir to combine. Cover bowl with a clean towel; secure with a rubber band. Let ferment at room temperature away from direct sunlight for 2 days, stirring every 12 hours.
2. Arrange a fine-mesh sieve or several layers of cheesecloth over an 8-oz glass jar or bottle. Strain pear mixture through sieve into glass jar, pressing on solids; discard solids.
3. Add vinegar to pear liquid, stir, then seal tightly. Refrigerate for up to 10 days.
4. To serve chilled, add 2 to 3 tbsp shrub concentrate to 1 cup sparkling water. To serve warm, add 2 to 3 tbsp shrub concentrate to 1 cup hot water.
- Serving Size: 2 tbsp
- Calories: 45
- Carbohydrate Content: 12 g
- Sodium Content: 1 mg
- Sugar Content: 10 g