Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
1. To a glass bowl, add pear, filtered
water, honey, ginger and vanilla; stir
to combine. Cover bowl with a clean
towel; secure with a rubber band.
Let ferment at room temperature
away from direct sunlight for 2 days,
stirring every 12 hours.
2. Arrange a fine-mesh sieve or several layers of cheesecloth over an
8-oz glass jar or bottle. Strain pear
mixture through sieve into glass jar,
pressing on solids; discard solids.
3. Add vinegar to pear liquid, stir,
then seal tightly. Refrigerate for
up to 10 days.
4. To serve chilled, add 2 to 3 tbsp shrub concentrate to 1 cup sparkling
water. To serve warm, add 2 to
3 tbsp shrub concentrate to 1 cup
- Serving Size 2 tbsp
- Calories 45
- Carbohydrate Content 12 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 1 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g