Want more like this vegan potato leek soup? Find more vegan recipes.
- 2- to 4-qt vegetable stock or broth, divided
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large leeks, trimmed and chopped
- 2 oz dry white wine
- 8 large yukon gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 tsp sea salt, plus additional to taste
- Fresh parsley or dill, optional
- In a large pot, bring 2 qt stock to a simmer.
- In a large saucepan, heat oil on low. Add leeks and sauté, stirring occasionally, until soft but not colored, about 7 minutes. Stir in wine and cook until liquid evaporates.
- Add hot stock and potatoes to leeks. Simmer until potatoes are softened, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
- With an immersion blender, purée soup until smooth. (Alternatively, purée soup in batches in a blender.) If necessary, bring remaining stock to a simmer and add to soup, as needed, to reach desired consistency. Season with salt and cayenne, to taste. If using, garnish with parsley or dill.
- Serving Size: 1 cup vegan potato leek soup
- Calories: 243
- Carbohydrate Content: 48 g
- Fat Content: 2 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 535 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g