Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Want more like this vegan potato leek soup? Find more vegan recipes.
- In a large pot, bring 2 qt stock to a simmer.
- In a large saucepan, heat oil on low. Add leeks and sauté, stirring occasionally, until soft but not colored, about 7 minutes. Stir in wine and cook until liquid evaporates.
- Add hot stock and potatoes to leeks. Simmer until potatoes are softened, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
- With an immersion blender, purée soup until smooth. (Alternatively, purée soup in batches in a blender.) If necessary, bring remaining stock to a simmer and add to soup, as needed, to reach desired consistency. Season with salt and cayenne, to taste. If using, garnish with parsley or dill.
- Serving Size 1 cup vegan potato leek soup
- Calories 243
- Carbohydrate Content 48 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 2 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 535 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g