Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Smoky, hearty, and flavorful, this vegetarian black bean burger will become a staple in your dinner rotation. The secret is to dry the beans in the oven before forming the patties, so they stay firm and not mushy. Serve with our Sweet Potato Fries with Chipotle Dipping Sauce for a satisfying meal.
Black Bean Burger
- Heat oven to 325°F. On large rimmed baking sheet, place blacks beans. Bake 15 minutes, or until slightly dried out. Increase oven temperate to 375°F.
- In medium skillet, over medium heat, heat oil. Sautee olive oil, jalapenos, onion and garlic for 5-6 minutes or until softened.
- In large bowl, combine sautéed mixture and remaining ingredients. Stir in black beans, mashing slightly.
- Form mixture into 1/3 cup patties. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes, flipping after 10 minutes, until crisp and cooked through.
- Serve with your favorite toppings, WHOLLY® GUACAMOLE Spicy, as a burger.
Here are more burger recipes we think you’ll love: