Find more vegetarian Clean Eating recipes here!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 lb sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 lb redskin potatoes, scrubbed and chopped
- 1 cup brown lentils, rinsed
- 3 crowns broccoli, florets only (4 to 5 cups)
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 6 stalks celery, trimmed and chopped
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried sage
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Mist an 8 x 8-inch or 11 x 7-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Fill 2 large saucepans halfway with water and bring to a boil. Add sweet potatoes and redskins to 1 saucepan. Cover and reduce heat to medium-high. Add lentils to second saucepan and reduce heat to medium-high. Let both simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add broccoli to lentil saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside. Meanwhile, drain potatoes, return to saucepan and add cottage cheese. Stir in egg and use a potato masher to mash until smooth.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil on medium . Add onion, carrots and celery and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in salt, thyme and sage and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in lentil mixture. Season with pepper. Spoon mixture into baking dish, spreading evenly over bottom. Drop large spoonfuls of potato mixture over top and smooth with back of spoon. Bake for 40 minutes, until edges of crust begin to turn light brown.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of pie
- Calories: 391
- Cholesterol Content: 55 mg
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Fiber Content: 21 g
- Protein Content: 24 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 435 mg
- Sugar Content: 13 g