Looking for more vegetarian recipes? Click here.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 cups grape tomatoes
- 2 tsp grape seed oil, divided
- 1 leek, white and light green parts, thinly sliced
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 12 slices whole-grain bread or corn bread (TIP: Try pairing with our Homemade Maple Corn Bread recipe from cleaneating.com)
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup unsweetened dried sliced coconut or coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp reduced-sodium tamari
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp grape seed oil
- Preheat oven to 325°F. In a medium bowl, toss tomatoes and 1 tsp oil. Spread on a large parchment-lined baking sheet and roast for 1 hour, or until slightly shriveled and sweet.
- To a medium bowl, add all coconut bacon ingredients and toss well to coat. Spread on a second large parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake until crispy. (NOTE: This can take anywhere from about 8 to 18 minutes, depending on the size of your coconut, so check often to avoid burning).
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet on medium, add remaining 1 tsp oil. Add leeks and sauté until golden brown, about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low and cook for 8 to 10 minutes more, until caramelized. Stir in salt and set aside.
- To assemble, spread mustard on one side of all bread slices. Divide coconut bacon, tomatoes, leeks and avocado over 6 bread slices; sandwich with remaining 6 bread slices.
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 519
- Carbohydrate Content: 61 g
- Fat Content: 29 g
- Fiber Content: 10 g
- Protein Content: 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 10 g
- Sodium Content: 525 mg
- Sugar Content: 17 g