Looking for more plant-based recipes? Click here.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. In a medium bowl, toss tomatoes and 1 tsp oil. Spread on a large parchment-lined baking sheet and roast for 1 hour, or until slightly shriveled and sweet.
- To a medium bowl, add all coconut bacon ingredients and toss well to coat. Spread on a second large parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake until crispy. (NOTE: This can take anywhere from about 8 to 18 minutes, depending on the size of your coconut, so check often to avoid burning).
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet on medium, add remaining 1 tsp oil. Add leeks and sauté until golden brown, about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low and cook for 8 to 10 minutes more, until caramelized. Stir in salt and set aside.
- To assemble, spread mustard on one side of all bread slices. Divide coconut bacon, tomatoes, leeks and avocado over 6 bread slices; sandwich with remaining 6 bread slices.
- Serving Size 1 sandwich
- Calories 519
- Carbohydrate Content 61 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 29 g
- Fiber Content 10 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 10 g
- Sodium Content 525 mg
- Sugar Content 17 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g