Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mist 8 cups of a standard muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine almond flour and coconut oil. Divide evenly among bottoms of the 8 prepared muffin cups and pat to flatten. Bake until lightly golden, about 10 minutes.
- Mist a medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium-high. Add mushrooms and onion and cook until soft, about 4 minutes. Add spinach and cook 1 minute more. Transfer cooked vegetables to a bowl; set aside to cool 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, egg whites, 1/4 cup cheese and black pepper. Add vegetables to bowl and stir to combine. Divide egg mixture among prepared muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full. Sprinkle remaining 4 tsp cheese over top. Bake until puffed up and lightly golden, about 17 minutes.
- Serving Size 2 muffins
- Calories 299
- Carbohydrate Content 8 g
- Cholesterol Content 192 mg
- Fat Content 23 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 17 g
- Saturated Fat Content 11 g
- Sodium Content 270 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g