Veggie Quinoa Patties with Black Bean Salsa
Made with quinoa and black beans, these crispy patties will leave you feeling satisfied for hours.
Make sure to squeeze out the liquid from the zucchini and sweet potato before making the mixture. Serve with a dollop of coconut yogurt.
- 3 tbsp ground flaxseeds (TRY: Bob’s Red Mill Premium Whole Ground Flaxseed Meal)
- ½ cup water
- 2 cups canned black beans, drained and rinsed, divided (TRY: Goya Low- Sodium Black Beans)
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup grated zucchini, squeezed dry
- 1 cup grated sweet potato, squeezed dry
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 green onions, chopped
- ½ tsp sea salt + additional to taste
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper + additional to taste
- 3 cups cooked corn kernels (fresh or canned, drained)
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a small bowl, mix together flaxseeds and water. To a large mixing bowl, add one-half of the beans; mash well with a potato masher. Add quinoa, zucchini, sweet potato, almond flour and green onion; stir in flaxseed mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Using a ½-cup scoop, form mixture into patties, making 8 patties total, and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Mist with cooking spray. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until edges are golden. Turn patties over and spray with cooking spray again. Bake 10 minutes more, until firm and edges are golden.
- Meanwhile, in a medium serving bowl, combine remaining one-half of beans, corn, cilantro and lime juice. Stir to combine; season with additional salt and pepper, to taste. Serve patties with salsa over top.
- Serving Size ¼ of recipe
- Calories 537
- Carbohydrate Content 75 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 20 g
- Fiber Content 19 g
- Protein Content 23 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 397 mg
- Sugar Content 11 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 10 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 7 g