Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Prepare chicken: Coarsely chop bottom 6 inches of lemongrass stalks, discarding tops. In a food processor, pulse lemongrass, honey, tamari, oil, lime juice, garlic and pepper until smooth. Place chicken in a large zip-top bag and pour lemongrass mixture into bag, turning chicken to coat. Seal, pressing out excess air, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or overnight, turning bag occasionally.
- In a large bowl of cold water, soak vermicelli until softened, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare carrot and daikon: In a medium bowl, combine vinegar, honey and salt and whisk until honey is dissolved. Add carrot and daikon, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until carrot softens.
- Prepare sauce: In a small bowl, whisk lime juice, honey, vinegar, fish sauce and pepper until honey is dissolved. Set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium-high and lightly oil grate with additional oil, or set a nonstick grill pan on medium-high. Remove chicken from bag, discarding marinade, and grill for 8 minutes, turning once, until fully cooked and white throughout. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Slice into 1/2-inch strips and cover to keep warm.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Drain vermicelli and immerse into boiling water. Cook until al dente, about 1 minute, stirring and gently separating noodles as they cook. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- To assemble salad, drain carrot-daikon mixture, discarding liquid. Divide vermicelli among 4 large plates or bowls. Top with chicken, carrot-daikon mixture, lettuce, bean sprouts, scallions, cucumber, cilantro, mint and peanuts, dividing evenly. Serve with small bowls of sauce on the side for dipping and, if desired, lime wedges.
- Serving Size 3 cups salad, 2 oz chicken, 2 tbsp sauce
- Calories 346
- Carbohydrate Content 49 g
- Cholesterol Content 33 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 21 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 627 mg
- Sugar Content 17 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g