Vibrant Veggie Bundles with 4-Ingredient Sweet & Sour Dipping Sauce
A winter version of the spring roll, these portable handheld delights and their addicting 4-ingredient sauce make a satisfying snack or a perfect lunch paired with your favorite soup.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Find more meal plan recipes.
- 4 tsp sesame oil
- 7 large king oyster mushrooms, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 2 tbsp reduced-sodium tamari
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 12 8-inch rice paper wraps
- 2 oz dry brown rice vermicelli noodles, cooked
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup grated Brussels sprouts
- 1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- ½ bunch fresh basil (leaves only)
- ½ cup hoisin sauce
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp sambal oelek
- In a large sauté pan on medium-high, heat oil. Add mushrooms and sauté for 10 to 12 minutes or until brown and slightly crispy.
- Add edamame, tamari and 1 tbsp maple syrup and sauté for 4 minutes more. Remove from heat.
- In warm water, wet 1 sheet rice paper and set flat on a clean surface. Fill with mushroom mixture, noodles, carrots, Brussels sprouts, cabbage and basil. Do not overfill. Fold ends over, wrap tightly and place on a plate or in a container for storage. Repeat with remaining ingredients. (TIP: If stacking rolls, place a piece of parchment paper between layers.)
- Prepare sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together all sauce ingredients. Serve with winter rolls.
- Serving Size 2 rolls and 2 tbsp sauce
- Calories 299
- Carbohydrate Content 52 g
- Cholesterol Content 1 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 691 mg
- Sugar Content 15 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g