Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Limes are 8% citric acid and thus one of the best sources of the component in food form. Citric acid has been demonstrated to help prevent kidney stones from forming by raising the level of citrate in the urine and thus inhibiting the binding of calcium and other compounds to create stones.
See Also Prep Once, Grill All Week
1. Make marinade: In a bowl, whisk all ingredients; cover and refrigerate (without steak).
2. Make pickles: Whisk together lime juice and honey. Whisk in ginger and salt. Add cucumber and carrot. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or for up to 5 days (shake occasionally).
The Day Of
3.Pat steak dry and place in a bowl. Pour marinade over and turn to coat; let stand for 15 to 30 minutes. Preheat grill to high; grease grill. Add steak and cook to desired doneness, 4 to 6 minutes per side for medium rare. Meanwhile, pour marinade into a skillet; bring to a boil on medium heat. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly reduced, about 3 minutes. Transfer steak to a cutting board, tent with foil; let rest for 5 minutes.
4. Slice steak against the grain. Divide among plates and spoon a small amount of sauce on top (you will have sauce left over). Serve with pickles.
- Serving Size ¼ of recipe
- Calories 271
- Carbohydrate Content 11 g
- Cholesterol Content 74 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 26 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 907 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 7 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g