Find more Asian-style pastas here.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 oz whole-wheat linguine
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and shredded
- 2 oz broccoli sprouts
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed of fat and cut into 1-inch cubes
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, return to saucepan and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tsp oil on medium. Add onion and sauté, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Add cabbage and garlic and sauté for 3 minutes, until vegetables soften. Add onion-cabbage mixture, carrots and broccoli sprouts to linguine and toss well.
- Return skillet to medium heat. Add remaining 1 tsp oil and pork. Cook, stirring often, until largest piece is opaque in center, about 7 minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove pork and add to linguine mixture. Toss to combine.
- Return skillet to stove top and heat on medium-low. Add lime juice, ginger, salt and 2 tbsp water. With a silicone spatula or whisk, mix well to create a smooth sauce. Simmer for 1 minute, until thickened and slightly reduced. Add to linguine mixture and toss to coat.
- Serving Size: 3 cups
- Calories: 399
- Carbohydrate Content: 59 g
- Cholesterol Content: 74 mg
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 11 g
- Protein Content: 33 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 352 mg
- Sugar Content: 8 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 2.5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1 g